Saturday 18 June 2016

No More Me.

Folks, I am a stupid sinner.

But I have decided I am going to start writing again.
And with my words I will strive to glorify God.

Isn't it crazy how easily and smoothly we let the devil into our life? With his being a master at deception it's so hard to detect his presence. He tells us that we're perfectly fine and good enough while our relationship with God just gets colder and colder. We grasp at our standards and our great reputation to try and make up and offer these protests to our blinded minds, "Look! I'm still a great Christian!"
And it seems far too seldom when by some irregular circumstance of life God strips the devil's lies from my eyes and I see my own sin and weakness. Far too seldom!

I, being the chief among those to experience this awful cycle repeatedly. Awful, awful, because I just let it happen. Do I ever even fight to stay in God's presence? Or do I welcome unintentionally the comfort zone the devil is ready to slip me back into? Comfort is so comfortable, and yet so wrong. Only for a time will comfort be. Please, please choose your comforts carefully! Take God as your comfort, and let the world be an uncomfortable place for you! Endure and don't faint when following God is hard. His comfort is a real, true, and good thing. Compared to anything the devil has to offer!

I want to start reflecting God with my life.
No more hideous glimpses of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment