Monday 13 June 2016

No Great Effort.

I haven't written in so long... it's kind of frustrating to force oneself to after so long. I'm not sure if I know how to formulate words right anymore. But Emilia told me I should write again, so I have decided to take her advice. Mind, I make no great effort. If fail it will pass as an easy thing, don't mind me.

I think I need to stop writing as if to an audience.

I need to write again. I do miss it so. and moments like this when my soul is soaring just ever so much above the common ground (uncommonly so) is when the tug to write o'er comes me. So here I attempt, yet with no great effort in mind. 

You know, you never really know how much you ought to do a thing till after you've done it and you become so glad. It always looks like such a dull thing to go outside where the sky is blue, when you have your computer in your lap (horrible addicting thing!). And such a useless effort to ride a bike when you've been on your feet for ten hours working. 

And yet, the glories we miss just because we paint the best of activities in such drab clothing! Grey and dull do the most invigorating and exciting adventures seem when one is predisposed to a lazy disposition. 

All this to say I'm stupid! And I just wanted to sit around looking at pictures on Instagram this evening, (begging the chilly weather as an excuse not to go for a bike ride or enjoy the day's last streams of sunshine) yet. Yet! I went for a bike ride and by the end I though the blue sky with the drifting white clouds the most beautiful and interesting thing! (much more so than Instagram) and when I got home I went round by the garden gate and sat on the trampoline and gazed at the sky some more while mom watered her garden. I was very glad I did that rather than staying inside. Think you that I would have had the spirits to write this blog post without catching it's very soul from some chance wind of this evening's outdoors? 

Like I said, no great effort. Just a bunch of words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment