Friday 23 December 2016

God Is Using Me?


"Can't you tell? You are a light to those around you! You're like a tower of strength around here."

I hear her words above the clamour of the warehouse.
"But if you only knew how weak I am though. I have my moments! My life would be such a mess if I didn't have God though, honestly. God is the light in my life, and if I in turn shine any light it is only God using me!"
All I can say.

"But surely you can see that God is using you?"

I mumble something. I'm not sure if I can see it...
I'm forever afraid my smiling and kind front might be something like the "whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness." which Jesus talks about in Matthew 23. Too often I struggle to consistently pray or read my Bible. Too often my own desires become the priority in my heart. Too often I fail God... Too often to be used, surely.

But her words give me hope. Her words make me glad. To have made some difference, any difference for good?

I am so glad.

I know it is God who has given me this job, it is He who has given me the strength to do well at this job, it is He who has given me the opportunity to make so many friends of my coworkers, it is He who worked out the confusing mess of my schedules (because I wouldn't work on Sundays) and allowed me to be hired full-time now and at the location five minutes from my house.

God is good. All I can say.

Humbled. All I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment