Sunday 18 December 2016

God Gives A Song

Christmas lights outside and all over this world sparkle, glisten, sing their own song. And I like to light my little peppermint candle sometimes to remind myself that I too have a song. I like to pause and stare at the snowflakes outside the windows here and there because I too have a song. I like to smile big and laugh and love because I too have a song.

My song is a song of a wretched turn of events and a life going far different than I wished it would and more hurt than I ever hoped to feel... But a song, yes, is what I find in all this. For my hurt, my confusion, my wretchedness is here from God and working for my benefit continually in spite of my 38,359,472+ failures. My song is a song of God. Of lessons taught me, of lessons I'm learning, and will learn.

I thank God for the light He brings, because I am finally feeling it this Christmas. I have a song. Not because everything in life is going my way. Or I will ever get exactly what I seem to want right now. But because, no matter what happens, regardless of all my petty, human wishes.... God is good, life is good. As long as He blesses, life is good. I just need to learn to recognize and bask in the blessings of God instead of focusing and looking for this world's stupid counterfeits.

I will seek God's pleasure. and from this moment forward, as long as God is pleased with me and who I am and what I do... the rest of everybody's opinions and judgments don't matter a mite. not even a tiny bit.

I know I'll be judged.... I'll always be judged. And that can hurt, and that's why I must look away and live a confident and happy life of seeking the only approval that matters at all.

My God, my Father, my Saviour loves me! 
Hang human opinions!

"Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me."
Psalm 56:8-11

"Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, Lord, hast holpen me, and comforted me."
Psalm 86:17

No comments:

Post a Comment