Monday 24 August 2015

I Have A Feeling.


I don’t know why, but I have a feeling I’m going to be sad when I return.

When I give the house one last walk-through and say a silent goodbye with my eyes (tear-stained already most likely.) When I pull my over-stuffed suitcases from the vehicle and double check I have everything. When I feel a current of movement pulling me back against the airline seat, gripping the arm rests and making one desperate prayer we don’t crash. When I watch the naked hills lumber solemnly by on our way from airport to destination. When I walk the old familiar hallways, eat in the same old dining hall, see the same old people.

I can see (almost feel) it all happening now. And my heart beats a little slower inside, and I heave an involuntary sigh.

I have a feeling I’m going to be sad when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment