Friday 30 October 2015

Emotions Have Their Wont And Way.

Emotions have their wont and way
Today I will make of the sky and sea
Trees and melodious winds
A bitterest enemy

Whom tomorrow
I would claim most readily
(And claiming make them so)
Friends of the chummiest sort

If I should see you today
I would skip and smile
And dance over your way
Because I like you very much

But an hour hence
Afflicted by many an unwanted thought
Our friendship has lost all chance
For my mind cannot shed confusion

If one day I take a vow
Repenting of all my sin
And before God humbly bow
Committing again to follow him

It is not long
But days, but moments
Like a forgotten love song
All I meant I no longer mean

Fickle in each choice
Fickle in each mood
Emotions raise their voice
And foolishly I listen

No comments:

Post a Comment